Events & Marketing Manager Greenlight Bookstore
Events & Marketing Manager
The Manager of the Events & Marketing Department is responsible for directing and coordinating operations related to in-store, virtual, and offsite events programming, marketing and customer communications, and certain special projects and partnerships. The Events & Marketing Manager directly supervises the Events Coordinator and Events & Marketing Assistant and coordinates related logistics and workflows across all departments, including sister stationery store Yours Truly, Brooklyn. The Events & Marketing Manager develops and maintains relationships with institutional customers and partners, including Greenlight’s contractual relationship with BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music). Working with the managerial team, the Events & Marketing Manager spearheads all customer-facing marketing projects, and works to ensure that Greenlight’s programming, marketing, and projects align with the company’s mission and goals. These responsibilities may evolve as needed to support the Events & Marketing department in its goals of growing retail sales, improving community relationships, and increasing brand awareness for both Greenlight Bookstore and Yours Truly, Brooklyn.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct and support the Events Coordinator through collaborating on programming curation and troubleshooting event logistics and workflows
• Direct and support the Events & Marketing Assistant with planning, consultation and direction on marketing projects and event logistics as needed
• Supervise and maintain creation of branding, graphics, signage, and other marketing content on the Greenlight Bookstore and Yours Truly Brooklyn websites, social media platforms, and stores
• Work with General Manager to coordinate staff training and scheduling for in-store and offsite events
• Approve and maintain updates to their team's schedules, communicating proactively regarding schedule changes and holding employees accountable for securing coverage (when appropriate)
• Work with the Buying & Inventory Manager to delegate and distribute book ordering workflow for events and special projects efficiently, including transportation of book inventory to BAM and offsite events
• Work with the Ecommerce & Special Projects Manager to coordinate projects such as preorder campaigns, author signings, online school book fairs and other projects involving multiple departments
• Develop and maintain relationships with cultural institutions, venues, and other partners, including scheduling and directing logistics for major offsite events
• Serve as point person for Greenlight's contractual relationship with the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), delegating individual tasks as needed
• Coordinate between departments including Buying & Inventory, Ecommerce & Special Projects, and retail stores to ensure smooth workflows and information sharing
• Work with the managerial team to assess and develop Greenlight’s values and goals, and align events, marketing, and projects accordingly.
• Supervise data collection and reporting for marketing campaigns and events programs, and analyze data periodically to assess profitability and trends
• 2+ years experience in bookstore events & marketing or comparable field
• Familiarity with IndieCommerce, Edelweiss, and bookstore point of sale systems
• Management experience including collaboration and conflict resolution
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong Excel skills as well as general technological proficiency
• Ability to create systems and processes and delegate execution
• Flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
This is a Full-Time, Non-Union position regularly scheduled for 40 hours per week divided between offsite, administrative and office shifts as needed. This position reports directly to the General Manager. Starting salary for Greenlight manager roles is $42,000 annually; actual salary based on experience and other factors. Benefits include two weeks paid vacation and health insurance through RWDSU union with a 50% contribution by the employer.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.