Opening Accounts with Publishers & Wholesalers
Bookazine is a full-service wholesaler, serving the book industry since 1929. We offer an unparalleled selection of titles, fast shipping and the friendly service you deserve. We are an independent wholesaler servicing the independent bookstore community. To open an account with us or learn how we can better serve you, log onto www.bookazine.com.
For a Bookazine contact person:
- Rick Gallagher - T: 201.858.7559 or E: email@example.com
- Also, Cynthia Raiton is happy to field any questions.
- Cynthia Raiton, President, Sales - T: +1.201.858.7566 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookazine Co., Inc.
75 Hook Rd.
Bayonne, NJ 07002
Any new account that meets the Capstone accounting criteria will receive the following:
- First order of 15 or more assorted books will earn a 53% discount plus FF
- Subsequent orders will receive regular terms: 1-249 = 50%; 250+ = 55%.
- Free Freight on 15+.
- Opening order must use promo code: NewAcct2019
TO ORDER: See your Capstone Representative or contact Capstone customer service department, Monday thru Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, central time.
- Toll Free Phone: 1-877-245-4892
- Toll Free Fax: 1-888-262-0705
- Email: Trade@capstonepub.com
- Mail: Capstone Customer Service
1710 Roe Crest Drive
North Mankato, MN 56003
Program ends on December 31, 2019.
All discounts, prices, terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
Free Spirit Publishing
In response to Baker & Taylor exiting the retail wholesale market, Free Spirit Publishing is pleased to announce that we will offer special terms for indie bookstores looking to establish direct accounts with publishers. We believe in the importance of our titles and the value of independent bookstores. We are committed to supporting indies during this transition and moving forward.
For more than 35 years, Free Spirit Publishing—best known for the award-winning title Hands Are Not for Hitting—has been committed to publishing resources that meet kids where they are (not where we wish they were). Our books support kids’ social and emotional learning and educational needs to help them build resiliency and foster a positive outlook on life to reach their goals. For more information, click here to read Free Spirit’s press release.
- Click here to view Free Spirit’s special discounts and terms.
- Click here to view Free Spirit’s complete frontlist, backlist, and specialty catalogs on Edelweiss+. Add email@example.com as a contact on Edelweiss+ to place an order.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for expedited help opening an account or to confirm discounts and terms for existing accounts.
Hachette Book Group
Hachette Book Group is launching Indie Direct, which is designed for any indie bookstore that does not already have an account with HBG. (The new account must be set up and first order received by August 30.)
Benefits include expedited account set-up; no minimum quantity on the bookstore's initial order; expedited credit approval; and additional discount for the store's initial order in the program. The program is applicable for all HBG titles and the titles of participating client publishers, which include Abrams, Chronicle Books, Disney Book Group, Hachette UK, Kids Can Press, Moleskine, Octopus, Phaidon, piKids, Quercus/Nicholas Brealey, Quarto Publishing Group and Yen Press.
"Hachette Book Group is committed to independent bookstores and the amazing work they do on behalf of our authors and our books," said Alison Lazarus, executive v-p, group sales director. "With HBG's Indie Direct promotion, we're pleased to extend our support to those independent booksellers who do not currently have accounts with HBG. Our goal is to help onboard these stores with an easy transition plan, and to eliminate any concerns about ordering books from us or our client publisher partners. We're looking forward to establishing relationships with new bookstore partners."
Booksellers with questions about the program should contact HBG's telephone sales team at email@example.com or 800-934-5252.
For all bricks and mortar independent bookstores who were ordering all their HarperCollins, Harlequin, and HarperCollins Christian titles from Baker & Taylor, we offer fast-tracked credit approval and account set up to help you open a new HarperCollins account.
- ABA members can find our Credit Application on BookWeb.org. Please fill out and submit to OpenAccount@harpercollins.com
- Non-ABA members can e-mail OpenAccount@harpercollins.com to request the credit app
- When reaching out please specify that you are a former Baker & Taylor account
- Every effort will be made to expedite the account review and set up process
- No order is required to open an account
- Effective through October 1, 2019
Once you have an account:
- A sales consultant will be assigned to help you with order questions, register you on our
customer service website and make sure you are maximizing our terms of sale.
- Orders received by 3pm (EST) will ship out the next business day
- All HarperCollins, Harlequin and HarperCollins Christian titles can be combined on orders.
- Our frontlist and backlist catalogs are available on Edelweiss and we encourage all accounts to utilize the tools available on Above the Treeline.
IPG Indie Direct
IPG represents a wide range of independent and international presses, and has an extensive list of original Spanish language titles as well as children's books. To set up an account or place an order, contact Jeff Waxman, IPG’s East Coast Sales Rep - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ingram Booksellers Services
As the industry changes, Ingram remains committed to serving all of your needs through speedy shipping, vast inventory, free freight eligibility, exclusive indie programs, like Booklove and Indie Vault, and access to our easy-to-use online, account management platform ipage® and POS integration capabilities.
You can count on Ingram to help you never miss a beat. Detailed information can be found here.
- Ingram has pro-actively worked to increase bookstore credit lines. Please contact your rep to discuss your specific needs.
- The Indie Vault (stock set aside for indie stores) is being augmented with a broader selection and increased quantities.
An important and actionable step:
Please contact email@example.com or your Ingram Rep to have your credit line adjusted with this shift.
Learn more about Ingram Bookstore Services here.
Check out the Booklove Rebate Program with rewards for hitting sales goals.
Peachtree Announces Special Terms for New and Inactive Independent Bookseller Customers
Peachtree Publishing Company Inc. will offer a package of special terms to new customers and those who have not ordered from Peachtree for more than a year.
The following incentives will be valid until November 1, 2019:
- A special discount on initial orders;
- A simple online application for new accounts;
- Free freight with low minimums.
For more information on terms or to open a new account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peachtree also confirmed that in addition to ordering directly from the company, booksellers can work with a network of experienced sales representatives serving indie booksellers all over the country. The company partners with Como Sales, Parson Weems Publisher Services, Imprint Group, and Fujii Associates.
Scholastic Trade Publishing would like to let our indie bookseller customers know that we are here to assist you in the transition from B&T’s exit from the retail business. We know that there are many viable wholesale options for you to order Scholastic books, and want to make this transition as seamless as possible for you so we’re offering the following for direct purchases from Scholastic:
1) Scholastic will institute our popular HOLIDAY EXPRESS SHIP PROGRAM effective June 1st, 2019!
Place your backlist orders directly with Scholastic between June 1st, 2019 and August 30, 2019, and receive express, two-day shipping for the summer!
2) We are extending our Backlist Stock Offer to July 31st, 2019. With this offer, you have the choice of an additional 2% discount, or delayed billing until the extended date of October 15th.
3) Whether you are an existing or new account with Scholastic, we are ready to assist with your order.
- For existing accounts, please contact your sales rep or Customer Service directly with questions or to place your order.
- For new accounts, we have set up a dedicated email and phone number (see below) to take you quickly through the new account set up process, answer any questions you may have and get your opening order on its way – no minimum quantity needed for opening order.
- Our credit department will work expeditiously to ensure your orders are approved and processed quickly.
Customer Service email: TradeScholastic@Scholastic.com
Customer Service phone #: 877-624-2767
Thank you very much for your continued support of Scholastic’s publishing program, wherever you decide to source the books!
Simon & Schuster
Simon & Schuster is launching Indie Quick Start, an enhanced direct purchasing enrollment program designed for any independent bookstore that does not have a current account with Simon & Schuster and that will be impacted by the recent Baker & Taylor decision to cease serving retail accounts. In order to participate, the new account must be set up and have placed orders with Simon & Schuster by August 30.
As part of the program, Simon & Schuster is offering to independent bookstores without a current account, or accounts that have been inactive for a year:
- Expedited application and credit approval process
- Quick initial order processing and no minimum for new customer initial orders
- Simon & Schuster’s previously announced promotional terms for new store openings
Titles included in the Indie Quick Start program include all of Simon & Schuster’s wholly-owned publishing and the titles of its distribution client publishers.
“Simon & Schuster values and is committed to our independent bookstore partners and the overall health of the retail marketplace,” said Gary Urda, Senior Vice President, Sales, Simon & Schuster. “With this Indie Quick Start program, we hope to both ease and speed the path to direct ordering for new customers, creating and building new relationships in this important bookselling channel. We are also working closely with all of our demand wholesale partners to ensure that they, too, are fully prepared to supply this important marketplace with our titles. In short, we are open for business, ready to welcome new indie accounts, and look forward to providing them with our world-class customer service.”
Simon & Schuster has assigned a dedicated customer service representative to handle the Indie Quick Start process and has set up a dedicated phone line and email inbox. For more information, booksellers can contact Simon & Schuster at 800-976-1725 or IndieBiz@simonandschuster.com.
Baker & Taylor Information & Timelines
On Wednesday, May 1, 2019, Baker & Taylor announced that it would no longer distribute books to its retail accounts. Below is the timeline of closures. If you are a Baker & Taylor customer, please take note of these dates.
- Current promotions will end on May 31.
- Paperback Essentials will end with the May 14 shipment.
- B&T will support the Indie Next program through May 31 (June Indie Next titles).
- B&T will ship author event orders through June 1.
- My Books & More websites will continue to operate until June 30.
- The ABA has announced a special deal for IndieLite websites as a replacement for My Books & More. Click here to contact the Indiecommerce Team for more information
- B&T will ship NYP titles through June, all open orders for pub dates after July 1 will be cancelled. If you would like a report of what is on order with a pub date after July 1, reach out to your rep.
- The last day for shipping all other orders is July 15. Any orders received after noon on July 15 will be cancelled. This includes Home Delivery orders.
- The last day B&T will accept overstock returns at the return center is July 30.
- 2019 Co-op reports can be requested. All requests need to be made by July 1 and reports will be sent to you by the end of August.