NAIBA Jobs Bank
Are you looking to hire a new staffer for your store? Or are you a bookseller looking for work? We hope we can help you!
Email NAIBA to post a listing.
Penn Book Center (posted 7/20/16)
Bookstore Manager, New York City (posted 7/6/16)
For our world-renowned arts & culture/luxury retail bookstore client we are seeking a Bookstore Manager. The successful applicant will manage all aspects of the day-to-day and strategic operations of the bookstore’s flagship location. Duties will include: execute corporate directives and implement strategies for growth; liaise with corporate offices; analyze sales and identify trends; manage inventory; oversee operations; manage a staff of 13 and hire and train personnel; oversee website and social media; supervise Events Manager to produce all public and private events; liaise with industry partners; provide client support and customer service; other duties as necessary. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in arts & culture retail; broad familiarity with art, architecture, fashion, photography and design; and excellent communications, presentation and leadership skills. BA in Art History or equivalent required; languages a plus. Salary DOE plus benefits. An exciting opportunity for a proactive and collaborative professional who is able to represent the company and the brand. Please send resume with detailed cover letter and contact information for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Character Development Books & Toys, Narbeth, PA (posted 5/5/16)
Children’s Book (and Toy) Seller
Character Development Books & Toys in Narberth, PA is hiring! If you love & 'know' children's books and educational toys this is a great job for you.
Part-time and full-time positions are available. Schedules include 1 weekend day and 2 to 4 shifts during the week.
Compensation is hourly based on experience. Please also include your desired wage range.
Politics & Prose Bookseller: multiple positions open (as of 4/28/16)
Politics & Prose bookstore is always busy with customers browsing, nightly author events, and regular classes and programs, and the booksellers are responsible for making sure it all runs smoothly while answering the phones, ringing up sales and shelving books. It’s a busy and lively work environment that offers a varied workday ranging from moving boxes of books to offering personal book recommendations to, always and above all, customer service.
Position Summary: Bookseller positions are available both part-time (24-32hrs/wk) and full-time (40hrs/wk). All booksellers work one morning, one evening and one weekend shift. Booksellers may have the opportunity to work at other Politics & Prose locations. Contact: JClines@politics-prose.com
Daily tasks include:
Position Summary: Politics & Prose in Washington, DC Seeking a full-time events coordinator, including weekend and evening shifts, for the Children and Teens Department. contact email@example.com
· Working with publishers and publicists to plan, coordinate, and book in-store and off-site author events.
· Managing in-store and off-site author events in collaboration with other booksellers, local libraries, schools, Busboys, and other venues. This includes ordering, scheduling school visits and managing inventory.
· Managing part-time events assistant.
· Thinking creatively about events and explores partnerships with area schools, libraries and other institutions.
· Collaborating with store event staff on off-site festivals.
· Working with designated C&T and programs staff to develop classes for children and young adults.
· Working closely with the marketing team to promote C&T events.
· Representing the bookstore at Children’s Book Guild meetings and other professional meetings, including the annual BEA, to learn about new titles and talk with publishers about upcoming author tours.
· Reporting to the department manager.
Duties also include supporting floor staff when necessary. All staff are expected to read a variety of children’s and teens’ backlist and frontlist titles to maintain knowledge of department inventory, regularly write book reviews for the website and department newsletters.