Call for Authors:
2016 NAIBA Fall Conference
Saturday, Oct. 15 - Monday, Oct. 17, 2016
Hyatt Regency Baltimore
Author Spots Available at the Fall Conference
Saturday, October 15
Preview Supper: We accept 4 authors who will speak for 10-minutes each.
Sunday, October 16
Author Breakfast: We accept 2 children's authors & 2 adults
authors who will speak for 7-minutes each.
Author Reception: We accept 8 authors from
Wine-Down Reception: We accept 12 authors to autograph for two hours.
Monday, October 17
Author Breakfast: We accept 2 children's authors & 2 adult authors who
will speak for 7 minutes each.
"Discover the Next Indie Favorite" Author Movable Feast: We accept a total of 9
authors. Each author will receive mic time to address the crowd.
We're always looking for authors and experts who can lead a plenary or
educational session. Topics include creativity, business, time management,
local economies, community-building, and the like.
For author submissions, please create a collection (NAIBA) in Edelweiss and share it with Eileen Dengler (email for Edelweiss: firstname.lastname@example.org). She will share with the selection committee. Or you can email her at NAIBAeileen@gmail.com (please copy, NAIBAbooksellers@gmail.com) with your list.
* The deadline to receive your pitch is June 30*
Please, only pitch an author you know has the ability to engage and entertain an audience. A wonderful book does not always mean the author is a wonderful public speaker.
- Author promotion fee is $200 per featured author, $100 per reception author
- Authors from non-sponsoring/exhibiting companies will not be considered for featured/reception spots
- We suggest publishers focus on forthcoming Winter/Spring 2017 books.
- Shipping and Storage charges are the responsibility of the publisher.
- Please ensure your pitched authors have indie bookstore-friendly e-commerce options on their website. Their buy buttons should include links to indie bookstore(s) of their choice or IndieBound.
- As we confirm authors, we will send along detailed instructions, including number of books requested, where to ship, tips and directions for authors, etc.
Sponsorship & Exhibit Opportunities
To learn about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities at the NAIBA Fall Conference, click here for webpage or click here for the application form.
We expect at least 300 booksellers from more than 100 stores throughout NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, Washington DC,northern Virginia and West Virginia to attend this year's fall conference. Sending books or ARCs can be helpful in our selection process. Send them to NAIBA at the address listed below.