Children's Book Week Sign-Up
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Posted by: Eileen Dengler
(click here for a PDF version of this announcement)
BECOME AN OFFICIAL CHILDREN’S BOOK WEEK EVENT LOCATION!
Celebrate the 98th annual Children’s Book Week (May 1-7, 2017), the longest-running national celebration of books for kids and teens.
Why should you sign up?
· You’ll be included in our national publicity campaign.
· Your location will be listed on our national event map – a great way to get free publicity!
· Your young students, patrons, and customers will get to vote in the Children’s and Teen Choice Book Awards, the only book awards chosen only by kids and teens.
· You can enter a display contest with the chance to win some awesome prizes.
· Your book week participation will help us with a national book donation campaign.
How to participate
ü Sign up online to be a part of the 98th annual Children’s Book Week (May 1-7, 2017).
ü Host and publicize a Children’s Book Week story time, activity hour, or author/illustrator event – you can even rename a story time or already scheduled event! It’s that easy!
ü Host voting for the book awards and enter the votes into our online group ballot.
ü Spread the word about Book Week via your social media platforms and our press release template.
ü Give us feedback afterwards and we’ll include a mention of you in our national book donation.
· Book Week posters with activities, featuring original art by Christian Robinson.
· Access to downloadable resources, including Book Week bookmarks with art by four prominent illustrators, and copies of an original Every Child a Reader graphic novel.
· A press release template to help your spread the word to your community.
Remember to keep us updated on details of your Book Week activities so we can include you in our national publicity campaign to be broadcast to the public as well as to everyone in the children’s publishing world.